Wednesday 24 August 2011

Mission: Games Workshop - Torquay

Today I visited the Torquay GW store for the first time and met the most appropriately-named GW manager ever, Elric Prynn. Elric was very welcoming and showed me the Arachnarok spider* he's painted up for this year's Golden Demon competition.


While I was there I also picked up a copy of C. L. Werner's new novella The Hour of Shadows, and the Ciaphas Cain audio book Dead in the Water.

Elric asked me what I was working on at the moment and I was desperate to tell him about my new project for the Black Library but feared that if I did I would bring the whole weight of the Inquisition down upon our heads, so I kept schtum.

So it only remains for me to say "Thanks!" to Elric once more and "See you again some time..."


* Just like the one that appears in my Hammer & Bolter short story Sir Dagobert's Last Battle, although Elric's was rust red and the one in my story is toxic yellow.

No comments: