Monday 22 April 2013

The Imperial Fists get a right good Imperial...

... well you can see where I'm going with this.

On the Black Library blog today, a certain Graeme 'Tyger' discusses the BL editorial's team dislike of the Yellow Peril better known as the Imperial Fists Space Marines.

This is all because Ben Counter's new Imperial Fists novel Seventh Retribution is released in digital format today. And because of that, other BL products featuring the Imperial Fists have been given a plug today, including both my short story But Dust in the Wind* and my first Path to Victory gamebook Herald of Oblivion.


















The funny thing is, when was commissioned to write Herald of Oblivion, I was asked to include Orks, Dark Eldar, Necrons and Tyranids, and to pit them all against the Imperial Fists. I was even told to kill as many of them as I liked, in all sorts of interesting ways, although I couldn't wipe out the entire Chapter.

Why are the Imperial Fists so despised? I have no idea. But play your cards right with Herald of Oblivion, and Brother Nabor can end up the hero of the hour.



* I so should have just called it Dust in the Wind, especially considering how my family read out the title.

No comments: