Sunday 26 May 2013

JG at the MCM Expo (again)

So yesterday I headed over to the MCM Expo at Excel in London's Docklands, not as a contributor (just for once) but as a punter. My kids have been asking for ages what one of these events is like, so this time I took them along with me.


















They were amazed - not to say overwhelmed - by all the cosplay characters. My son spent the day pointing out superheroes while my daughter counted Pokemons, specifically Pikachus. Having queued for an hour and a half to get in, with Lavie 'I don't queue' Tidhar, we only had about two hours to actually explore the con itself. Not that we got to see very much of it, since my kids fell in love with Letraset pens and went shopping crazy.

"Please, no pictures... No pictures... Oh go on then."

No tea duellist should be without one.

Miss Emily Ladybird and Major Jack Union (striking his Blue Steel pose).

Steampunk avionics.

At the end of the day I got the chance to catch up with the Steamies, which is always most splendid, and it looks like I'll be taking the family to MCM again, since my daughter is already planning her next two(!) costumes. What have I started....?

The usual steam-powered suspects.

At the end of a long and tiring day... a pair of budding comics creators of the future?

No comments: