Monday 30 September 2013

Games Day 2013 - 19 and counting...

Yesterday I attended my 19th Games Day in a row. It was a strange beast, dramatically downsized from previous years with a complete absence of games altogether - and what's Games Day without the games?

To be honest I don't go for the games, but there wasn't much of anything else either. That said, I still didn't manage to see everything - including the new Dark Elves stuff (having written the colour text for the first Dark Elves Army book back in 1994) - because I spent the whole day hanging out with friends.

It was good to see the likes of Matt Sylvester, Toby Frost and Cavan Scott (both of whom were attending Games Day for the first time), and chat with the likes of Jes Bickham, Nick Kyme, Guy Haley, Chris Wraight, Graham McNeill, Neil Roberts, Andy Smilie, John French, Anthony Reynolds, Nik Vincent, William King (et al)*, and I also met up with Messrs Jackson and Livingstone who were attending Games Day together for the first time in a long time.


The Black Library stand had a pleasing number of PoD titles by Yours Truly for sale, including my two Path to Victory Gamebooks. I spent far too much money on event-exclusive titles and picked up a couple of audio dramas that helped pass the time in the traffic jam that took up most of the journey home. (Gav Thorpe, C Z Dunn and Andy Smilie are fast becoming masters of the audio format.)

So here's my haul from the day.


The most annoying thing is that I bought Dan Abnett's new Horus Heresy novel Unremembered Empire, later saw Dan Abnett, then said hello, and later goodbye, to Dan Abnett, and yet totally forgot to ask Dan Abnett to sign Dan Abnett's new book Unremembered Empire. Ho-hum, maybe next time.

You can find more of my photos from the day here.


* Many of whom asked me how YOU ARE THE HERO is coming along.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Got to say I was pretty disappointed with the new format. It definitely needed Games.